The St. Cloud RiverWalk Master Plan is underway! Lead by Mississippi Partners, the St. Cloud Rotary Club and the City of St. Cloud, the St. Cloud RiverWalk is envisioned to serve as a regional destination for active recreation and community events, while spawning interest in adjacent urban development. The Riverwalk also provides an opportunity to restore the eroding shoreline.
- Preliminary design of the RiverWalk Trail and shoreland restoration
- Preliminary design of 5th Avenue North and adjacent infrastructure
- Identify location and extent of open space opportunities
- Identify location and extent of complementary development opportunities
The St. Cloud RiverWalk Master Plan will build upon the planning principles of the St. Cloud Urban Area Mississippi River Corridor Plan:
- Treat the river and its scenic beauty as an irreplaceable community asset
- Plan and act – on both land and water – in all ways that support a long-term healthy and diverse river eco-system
- Imagine and invent year-round recreation for all ages and abilities along the river
- Draw strength for today’s society from the cultural heritage of the river
- Strengthen visual and physical connections to the river from surrounding lands
- Use a mix of urban land uses consistent with the river community’s comprehensive plans
- Leverage the river to attract new investment and sustain economic development in the region
- Promote public-private partnerships and leadership from all interests
- Engage the public, government entities, and private interests in the collaborative implementation of the riverfront plan
The following concepts build upon early community input regarding the uses and design of the RiverWalk. Click on each slide to view it in high resolution. View background information and project boards from the second open house under ‘Additional Resources’. We hope to hear from you! Please provide comment regarding these concepts by using our online survey.